JOB OPPORTUNITY – HEALTH INFORMATION SYSTEMS ANALYST
Location Dar es Salaam
Application deadline September 27, 2021
Start date November 1,2021
The University of California San Francisco (UCSF) is engaged in a five-year
Cooperative Agreement with the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention-Tanzania (CDC-Tanzania) to provide strategic information and health information systems (HIS) technical assistance to the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MOHCDGEC) as well as the United States’ President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and their implementing partners (IPs). We are recruiting an individual through our affiliated international NGO ‘Global Programs’ to serve as a Health Information Systems Analyst.
This is a full-time 12-month position with the possibility of extension subject to continued funding. The position is expected to start on November 1,2021.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Systems Integration and Informatics Director, the HIS Analyst will collaborate with key stakeholders to improve interoperability across health information systems. S/he will work with software developers to support maintenance, troubleshoot challenges, and improve HIV-related health information systems (HIS) and dashboards in Tanzania, including CTC2, CTC3, CTC Analytics, the PEPFAR Monthly Portal, IQSMS applications, the Lab Visual application, and others. S/he will support clinical Implementing Partners (IPs) to troubleshoot issues with health information systems for continuity of services and will collect user feedback and communicate them to the system development team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with NACR PEFPAR, and other stakeholders to improve interoperability across health information systems, including lab information systems, CTC2 and CTC3.
- Support maintenance of the CTC3 dashboard in line with NACP and PEPFAR needs as well as adoption of user requirements to improve analytic and visualization capacity.
- Communicate complex database issues to system developers and follow up on resolutions and user feedback.
- Conduct continuous quality improvement monitoring and assessments of existing HIS data capture/management and analysis systems to maintain high quality, accessible electronic data.
- Gather input from users of HIS applications, support development of requirements and functional specifications, develop user scenarios for new features, enhancements, and modifications to data systems to meet the changing needs of the HIV epidemic and HIV program implementation strategies.
- Train and mentor PEPFAR and IP staff in HIS applications, including CTC2 modules and CTC3, and support IP staff to maximize use of all HIS functionalities.
- Perform other related duties as directed.
Experience, skills, and minimum required qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent qualifications in computer or information science/engineering, information systems/ technology, or related field required. Additional training in public health, health informatics, or health-related field is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years related experience, particularly in HIV/AIDS data management
- Understanding of SQL and SQL server tools
- Demonstrated experience with database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL Oracle)
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with CTC2, CTC3, CTC Analytics, the PEPFAR Monthly Portal, IQSMS, Lab Visual, and other HIS applications in Tanzania
- Demonstrated understanding of routine PEPFAR and NACP HIV-related indicators and experience with national HIV data collection and reporting tools
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Excellent skills in critical thinking and analysis
- Excellent organizational and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to travel in country, pending the uplifting of COVID-19 related restrictions
Other desired skills/qualities:
- Proficiency with at least one major programming language (e.g., C#,PHP)
- Experience managing and analyzing HIV-related health data
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage various tasks under tight deadlines
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed in the minimum requirements above with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
All applications must include the following:
A current CV with names and telephone numbers for at least 2 referees
Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications and supporting documents should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by September 27,2021.
NOTE: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Join Our Telegram Group for Daily Job Updates CLICK HERE