An Intermediate / Senior Developer is required for a reputable corporate in the investment banking industry.
The role is accountable for developing and maintaining a portfolio of software applications that meet business requirements.
The Developer will create well-defined solutions that are aligned to the enterprises’ architecture and business strategy and leverage common solutions and services, to meet key project goals.
Send your CV today to get started on exciting projects on the go.
Technical Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years programming with Java, JEE, XML, Web Services.
- Experience with webservice/API development using Java-based enterprise technologies and tools using Java 8 and above, Microservices architecture, Spring, Apache Kafka, Apache Camel and REST.
- Must be able to code in prevailing technologies including Java or another OOP language
- Spring, SQL, Kafka including conceptual knowledge with cloud native solutions from Google or AWS is advantageous
- Solid application design, coding, testing, maintenance and debugging skills and strong experience with Java 8/J2EE distributed application development, REST, and domain model Microservices, Spring Boot, API gateway, etc.
- Proven abilities delivering CI/CD development methodologies.
- Experience with modern development tools (ideally Intellij/eclipse, Git, Maven, CI servers, Confluence (or other wikis), JIRA (or other trackers), code review tools, SCA tools).
- Knowledge of event sourcing and distributed message systems like using Apache Kafka.
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design concepts and designing and developing Microservices from Monolith architecture.
- Experience in event-driven design of Microservices and 12-factor app development standards.
- Expert knowledge of Spring ecosystem (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Integration, Spring Cloud Data Flow etc).
- API design and implementation (remote vs local APIs, routing and reverse proxying, load balancing, optimization techniques).
- Experience with developing within a Cloud environment – AWS / Azure strong advantage.
- Knowledge of developing Spring Data access application with AWS RDS or NoSQL data stores and polyglot persistence (Couchbase, Cassandra).
- Conceptual Knowledge with container orchestrators and container engines (Kubernetes, Docker)
Desired Personal Attributes
- Strong analytical & numerical ability
- Problem solving skills, pragmatic
- Conceptual thinker
- Good communication / interpersonal skills
- Quality orientation
- Persistence; follow through
- Knowledge seeking / learning orientation
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
Package & Remuneration
This is a permanent position based in Johannesburg and working mostly remotely. You may be required to work from office from time to time. Remuneration is market related and open to negotiation based on experience and ability. Contact Sean Jacobs on email@example.com or call him on 011 883 3536 to discuss this and other opportunities.
Does the future with technology excite you? Alinta Tech Solutions is a Managed IT Support Services and Technology Solutions Provider. Because technology is our space, we are better suited than most about finding and placing hard-to-find permanent and contract IT talent
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? Successful referrals are rewarded.
Should you not hear from us within 7 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.