Job Title: Financial Services Lead – Tanzania
Dominate the duka market across Africa by being their #1 partner for all goods and services by 2022. Sokowatch aims to be the platform through which our customers access a comprehensive offering of financial services that allow them to achieve both their personal and professional goals.
Reporting into: EA Financial Services Manager
Your Mission in our Vision
Financial services will be the biggest differentiating factor of Sokowatch from its competitors. By crafting a suite of services/financial products that not only meets the needs of our customers but also enhances their earnings potential, Sokowatch will become an indispensable long-term partner for our customers.
Our strategy is to provide a world-class customer experience with regards to accessing basic financial services through effective education and signaling that allows our customers to graduate to more sophisticated financial products. In the long run, these more sophisticated financial products will be the profit engine of the financial services business
- Portfolio Growth
- Revenue Growth
- NPL Management
- Debt Collection Management
- Service Excellence
- Operational Excellence and Compliance
- Engaging and Deepening Activities
- Capacity to onboard and manage clients, usage, retention and customer reactivation.
- Managing customers directly and in liaison with the sales team to ensure:
- Portfolio Growth in every branch
- Ensure they order the set number of SKUs and grow their SKUs per order
- Ensure they grow Average Revenue Per User MoM
- Ensure on-time repayment of credit with the capacity to escalate collections
- Monitor client repayments to maintain a healthy NPL.
- Monitor client performance to advise the team in case there’s a slowdown in business and hedge our risk
- Managing team of associates in the various branches
- Ensure a daily follow-up of overdue invoices through phone calls and field visitations.
- Developing Pay plans / Promise to Pay database with elaborate follow-ups
- Ensure a thorough KYC process by conducting a verification exercise for all new clients and capturing relevant information in systems for decision making
- Conduct customer education to all new and existing clients to ensure adherence to Sokowatch credit terms and communicate any changes of policy
- Handle all customer and agents’ complaints within the credit portfolio
- Awareness of all policies and procedures and advise compliance in the event of changes in the country’s regulations in relation to the product
- To conduct regular checks on market trends and competitors’ program offerings and activities. This is to assist efforts to increase product differentiation and enhance the attractiveness of our offering
- Any other duties may be assigned
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree
- Proven work experience in credit management
- Good understanding of lending procedures & credit-related laws
- 4-6 years of credit experience
- Experience managing teams directly
- Be willing to periodically travel to customer sites
- Have considerable experience with customer negotiations